Chapel of São Vicente

The Chapel of São Vicente, located at the mouth of the Ribeira de São Vicente, Madeira Island, was built on a lone block of basalt in the third quarter of the seventeenth century (more or less 1694). As a major ex-libris of the village, the chapel was built thanks to donations from devotees. According to the story goes, the shrine was erected in the place where it appeared that the martyr São Vicente is also the patron of the parish church.
The temple was restored in 1885.

Chapel of São Vicente

Chapel of São Vicente

Chapel of São Vicente

Chapel of São Vicente